This post contains affiliate links
I really need to title Wednesday's as “What I'm Cooking Wednesday's”. For my new friends. Hey! Weekly I share recipes that my family loves. These are recipes that my family tried and love. I typically share a recipe at least once a week. Plus, I try to try a new recipe weekly. This recipe is as delicious as it sounds. It was super easy to make, and I used the pans I purchased fromto make this meal happen. I love how this recipe did not have me in the chicken all day. I opted to not mince the garlic and have nice slices for the family. They loved it. Trust me, this recipe is drool worthy.
Related recipe posts:
- The Best Baked Chicken Legs Ever
- Crispy Lemon Pepper Wings
- Garlic Ranch Chicken Wings
- Crockpot Chicken Teriyaki
Recipe adapted from here
- 4-8 drumsticks with skin
- sea salt salt , to taste
- freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/4 teaspoon dried basil
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley leaves
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon honey
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Season chicken with salt and pepper, to taste.
- Melt 2 tablespoons of butter in a large oven safe skillet over medium high heat. Add chicken, and sear both sides until golden brown, about 2-3 minutes per side, set aside.
- Melt remaining tablespoon butter in the skillet. Add garlic, and cook, stirring, until fragrant, about 1-2 minutes. Remove from heat.
- Stir in brown sugar, honey, oregano, thyme and basil until well combined. Return chicken to the skillet.
- Place into oven and roast until completely cooked through, reaching an internal temperature of 175 degrees F, about 30-45 minutes.
- Serve immediately, garnished with parsley, if desired.