If you haven't noticed. For the last couple of weeks, I've been trying new wing recipes and my family couldn't be happier. I recently tried the garlic ranch wings and the family was in love. Plus, it's football season and wings are a most. I've always heard about the lemon pepper wings. I'm not the biggest fan of having lemon on my food. However, the family loved them, though. The first time I made them I didn't make a really big batch. I was scared that my family wasn't going to care for them. The second time around a made a larger batch and they couldn't have been happier.
What I love most about this recipe is how simple it is to make. I'm not sure why I always assumed that when you make the lemon pepper wings that you had to season them with the lemon seasoning first and by was I mistaking. (trust me, I made them before that way and it was an epic fail).
I also love that I do not have to fry the chicken wings. They simply go in the oven, melt the butter, add the seasoning to the butter mixture, and toss the chicken the butter and seasoning mixture. Simple right? I decided to share this awesomeness with you. Thank me later!
Recipe: (Recipe adapted from here)
- 4 pounds chicken wings (I've made them with the wings part still on)
- 1/4 cup canola oil or vegetable oil (not olive oil)
- 1/4 cup butter melted (I prefer to use country crock butter)
- 2 tablespoons lemon pepper seasoning
- Preheat oven to 400F
- Toss chicken wings in your oil. Place wings on a wire rack set (that is oven safe) on a baking sheet. Do not crowd the wings. Bake for 50-60 minutes or until golden brown
- Five minutes before prior to taking the wings out of the oven prep for the lemon pepper wing sauce.
- Remove wings from oven and brush the lemon pepper butter sauce onto the wings liberally.
- Serve immediately.
If you try this recipe, let me know. Leave a comment, pin it (so you have it saved), and don’t forget to tag a picture use the hashtag >> #simplytasheena on Instagram. I would love to see how it turned out.