There's nothing like traveling to a different state or even country. I love soaking in all of the history plus the amazing views. Today, I will be sharing some of my best travel tips.
1. Bring snacks. Always, even if you feel that you may not need them. I typically will pack honey granola bars. Especially when traveling with children. It just makes life so much easier. During our last trip to the Bahamas, I packed all types of snacks. It was our first time traveling alone so to speak and I wasn't sure when we would be able to get to food. This was also great when we woke up in the morning. We didn't have to rush to breakfast.
2. I always, always encourage people to carry travel size hand sanitizers with them. Yes, soap and water is the best. However, can you imagine how many germs are around? Yup, keep the travel size container in your bag and leave it there until you need it.
3. Making sure your electronics are fully charged. I always keep my chargers in my purse. Whether I'm on the plane or a car. My charger in arms reach. It's a great idea to invest in a portable charger just in case.
4. When traveling I always make a couple of color copies of my passport. I leave a copy at home with my emergency contact and I keep a copy with me at all times. Also, scan a copy to yourself by email and text so you always have a copy with you on hand. (plenty of apps allow you to scan items for free with your smartphone)
5. Keep an empty water bottle with you. Once you pass through security for your flight. You can fill your bottle (s) with water. This is especially a great idea when you have children with you. I typically do not drink too much juice these days. However, it's nice to have the flavor packs on hand for the kiddos.
6. I typically organize everything in clear zip lock bags. I like to keep my hygiene products in one, accessories, makeup, undergarments etc. I also like to put my outfits together in the Ziploc bags as well. This is such a great idea too for the kiddos. Having all of the outfits organized by the days of the week. I love that you can add the dates or color code it so the kids know which outfit they are wearing each day. It just makes life so much easier.
7. It's a great idea to recycle store bags and I typically will keep a few Target bags in my suitcases for soiled items and swimwear.
8. Keep a blanket scarf with you. Sometimes a plane ride can be pretty chilly. Typically, when I travel it's freezing outside so instead of having to take off a bunch of layers. I travel with a blanket scarf that can fit in your purse you can have it on hand when needed. Plus the blanket scarf doubles as a blanket. (this is the one I have)
9. Be kind. Always. Remember you're not the only person looking forward to their travel destination. Everyone has a job, and they are just doing their job... Kindness goes a long way. Also, travel with reading material. I usually have a few books with me. (one of my favorite books)
10. Try to avoid using the airport wifi for any serious business. We all know that wifi is a hackers glory spot. If you're just surfing the web to past time until it's time to get on your flight. That's one thing, however, do not put any personal information out there.
- Create a list of “To-Do” prior to leaving
- Keep a mini first aid kit with your essentials
- Pre-plan your travel attire
- Save your hotel room number to your phone (and tower if applicable)
- Always share your travel plans with friends and family (where you're going, hotel, flight info etc.)
What's your favorite Travel Tip?