It's that time I year and one of my goals for this year is to do more DIY projects and make things at home when I can. When I returned back from Canada my car was dirty. We've been getting a lot of rain in Connecticut which as you could imagine leads to a pretty dirty car.
I do not like going to the car wash. When my son was younger I would go because I thought it was super cool for him to see. Now as an adult. Unless it's in route to where I'm going. I'm all for DIY. I looked up recipes and tried to come up with my own variation. I don't need a ton of cash wash liquid around our home. The one-liter bottle will probably last me until the end of summer which I'm fine with.
My car came out so clean. I was actually shocked that the concentrate actually made suds.
- 1 empty liter bottle with lid
- 1 tablespoon of Dawn (blue kind)
- 1 tablespoon of baking soda
Add the Dawn and baking soda to the bottle. (You will most likely need a funnel for this.) Fill the bottle with water. Add the lid and shake the bottle. Add 1/4 cup of the car wash concentrate to the bucket. Add water to the bucket and fill to the line.
What you'll need
- Car washing sponge
- Car wash concentrate (above)
- 2 buckets (one for soap and one for water)
- 1 car washing towel
Car washing tips
- Have a bucket filled with water to rinse your car.
- Was the top of the car first
- After washing all the windows (wash with liquid with a sponge and rinse immediately after with the clear water. )