Garlicky Shrimp Alfredo Bake
I was on Facebook and seen this recipe and fell in love. The first time I made this recipe. I had several plates. It was sooooo good. The Mister asked if I could make it again that week. I was like, ummm no! He also asked if I could make it again while we had guests over as a side dish. I had to explain to him that their would be none left if I made it for our guest. It's that good! I'm not sharing :) I love how super easy this recipe is to make. Cleanup is a breeze, and it doesn't take too long to make.
Recipe (adapted from)
- 1 box penne (10 oz)
- 3 tbsp butter
- 4 cloves garlic (minced)
- 1 lb shrimp (peeled and deveined)
- 3 tbsp. fresh parsley (chopped)
- 2 tbsp all-purpose flour
- 1 cup milk
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella
- 1/4 cup plus 2 tablespoons shredded Parmesan
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 2 large tomatoes (chopped)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. In a large pot of salted boiling water, cook penne according to package directions until al dente. Drain and return to pot.
- In a large ovenproof skillet over medium heat, melt 1 tablespoon butter. Add garlic, shrimp, and 2 tablespoons parsley. Season with salt Cook until shrimp is pink and no longer opaque, about 2 minutes per side. Transfer shrimp to a plate. (Keep juices in skillet.)
- Add remaining 2 tablespoons butter to skillet to let melt, add flour and whisk until golden, 1 to 2 minutes. Add milk and and bring to a simmer. Stir in 3/4 cup mozzarella and 1/4 cup Parmesan until creamy. Season with salt and pepper.
- Return shrimp to skillet. Add tomatoes and cooked penne and toss until combined. (Add more milk if mixture is too thick.)
- Sprinkle with remaining 1/4 cup mozzarella and 2 tablespoons Parmesan and bake until melty, 5 to 7 minutes.
- Broil 2 to 3 more minutes until top is golden (watch it carefully so it doesn't burn).
- Garnish with remaining tablespoon parsley and serve.