No-Bake Holiday Cereal Bites
It's that time of year when baking is essential. Trying a new recipe becomes second nature and having marshmallows in the home becomes a must have paired with hot chocolate. The party list starts to become endless and before you know it. You have a list of parties that you have to attend and items you have to bring with you. If you're looking for an easy go recipe this is it. Plus, the kiddos can assist you with making it. I placed my cereal bites in mini cupcake liners for easy transport and cleanup. These are
sogood that you might end up eating the entire mixture. The items above makes about a dozen. However, you can add more cereal and marshmallows to your liking.
- 2 cup Golden crisp cereal
- 1 cup marshmallows
- 1 tablespoon of butter
- Splash of vanilla extract (optional)
- mini cupcake liners
- mini ice cream scooper
- On medium heat melt the butter in a medium-size saucepan.
- Add marshmallows to the pan and allow to melt. Add vanilla extract and stir
- Place the cereal in a medium size bowl.
- Once the marshmallows are melted. Remove from heat and add the butter/ marshmallow mixture. Combine the ingredients well and allow to cool.
- Using a mini ice cream scooper. Place one scoop of the mixture in the mini cupcake liners.
- Store the remaining Bites in an airtight container in the refrigerator.